Wednesday, May 2, 2012

"Even Crazy Dreams Come True"

So it was brought to my attention that I haven't updated this blog for months, and it turns out that quite a few things have happened this year! 

1. I married my best friend in the entire world on March 8th, 2012 in the Salt Lake temple.  This was without a doubt the most wonderful, perfect day of my life so far!  I couldn't believe how many people came out to celebrate with us!  It was a beautiful day- first we were sealed at 11- I thought that was a pretty great time.  Not too early, but we still had time to take some pictures before our lunch at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.  Matt's parents arranged that whole thing and it was just perfect- his mom made the cute centerpieces and his dad made our slide show which I just loved (there are some pretty cute pictures of Matt- if you didn't get to see it, come over and I'll show it to you ;) ).  Matt's dad had a microphone and opened it up for people to come up and say something- I was surprised when both my brothers and my sister went up to say something.  They were so sweet, I started bawling. 
After the lunch, we went to our reception at Heritage Gardens.  Everyone made that so perfect!  Annie picked up our centerpieces so those were already set up and ready to go, our cake was gorgeous (thanks to Rebekah Poppleton- I can give you her card- she's amazing!) and delicious... I've been looking for an excuse to get another ever since.  We had the most fun DJ ever- he even got the dads and brothers and Matt to dance while ridiculously dressed- if you missed that, you'll have to check out the pictures.  A BIG thank you to everyone that helped with everything for the wedding and to everyone who came.  :)  Best day ever!


2. Tomorrow I am graduating from the University of Utah with two of my best buds- Melissa and Torri.  I couldn't have made it without these girls.  They definitely got me through.  Sadly, Torri is now moving to Colorado so her husband can go to pharmacy school and she can do a program to be an ultrasound tech- pretty cool.  Good thing I still get to hang out with Melissa- in fact, Matt and I moved to Bountiful so I get to run with Melissa every week which leads to the upcoming third thing:
3. Melissa and I are doing the Ogden Marathon on May 19- Melissa's birthday.  Crazy girl- who wants to spend 4-5 hours running on their birthday, right?  Well let me tell ya- this girl.  She is hard core and it was one of her goals to run a marathon by the time she turned 22... so she's doing it ON her 22nd birthday.  What a rockstar!  I am sure I would have quit by now if it hadn't been for her making me keep going on those long runs.  We've gotten up to 18 miles and will be running 20 this Saturday. 

4. I somehow got admitted to the grad program for Speech Pathology at the University of Utah, so I will be starting that in August.  In the meantime, Matt and I are planning on going to Hawaii and St. George and hopefully Disneyland this summer- to have as much fun together while we can. 

5. I somehow got Matt to agree to start running even though he hates it.  We did his first 5k- Color Me Rad- this past Saturday.  Emma Kofoed- my favorite 10-year-old, did it with us as well.  It was a blast and made us all want to do more races.  As a result, Matt and I are going to be doing Wasatch Back Ragnar next month AND Vegas Ragnar in November.  I'm also trying to talk him into trying a half marathon at the end of the summer, so stay tuned for that. :) 

Stay tuned and I'll keep you posted on the adventures of Matt and Charisse trying to learn how to be responsible (if you look at all the faces we made on our wedding day, you'll appreciate the challenge that must be) and figure out married life in Boutiful, Utah.  Also- I'll have pictures for graduation and the marathon, etc. coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment